Wednesday 2 December 2009

Selling out with postcard shots from Marocco???


This is something i mentioned a couple of posts ago when talking about the interiors commission i had done. I have recently been to Morocco and took a few photographs, which to me were just holiday snaps. After showing them to a photographer friend of mine who told me that i should try and sell some of them. Im not sure whether to or not. The reason being, i have come form a fine art course and left the said course wanting to pursue a career in fine art photography. I have stumbled upon this opportunity to sell some work, which are all mainly postcard looking pictures you would see in a gift shop. Do i sell them and pay my rent or do i hold on to this idea that i really want to pursue the personal projects in the fine art direction. Please email me with any thoughts or ideas you may have on this subject.

1 comment:

  1. Surely every image has a purpose and a place? Shop window, family album, newspaper, t-shirt etc. So they wont be hanging in the 'Photographers Gallery'. That doesn't mean you have to stop producing work that is both personal and engaging.

    If you really loathe the thought of being connected to the images nobody is saying you should attach your name to them or put them on the website.

    I've eaten loads of cornish fudge...I've never been slightly interested in who shot the images on the box.

    ReplyDelete